Originally Posted by jorgeI

From The Perfect Shot by Kevin Robertson (Page 122):

"Leopard are thin-skinned and light-boned. In body size they are similar to and not much heavier than a mature impala ram. Like the lion, they have a highly refined nervous
system that can easily be switched off by the hydrostatic shock liberated from some of the smaller hunting calibres and bullets that are suitably heavy, fairly fast and
relatively fragile."

The mechanics of a bullet passing through game is more about hydrodynamics not hydrostatics.

HYDROSTATIC relating to the equilibrium of liquids and the pressure exerted by liquid at rest.

HYDRODYNAMIC relating to the motions of fluids or the forces which produce or affect such motions.

..Regarding cats,there are myriad books out there explaining this ,........I'm more a guy that believes in experience, and not what you read from a book.
....What I'm trying to say is, listen to what has been observed through our own eyes rather than what some book says.

LOL.. mr Double Talk, why the hell quote from a book source you dont believe in....???
and since you never witnessed 'through your own eyes' dripping molten steel in the TT,..
why then do you believe what you read somewhere???

...high speed issue on Cats is out there as I stated in my OP, only an idiot would even entertain the thought there's some
scientific research on the subject

Theres no credible established terminal ballistic scientific verification,
so how does a P-H really know whats going on inside an animal or why it is reacting a certain way?

oh easy.!....just pluck a 'hydrostatic shock phenomenon' out of thin air and try and make it stick....LOL

Mythical molten steel Twin Towers and B767 carrying a mythical (7x) or more its actual fuel capacity,
African bush Voodoo terminal ballistics,....you evidently are highly susceptable to believing any crapola.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.