I hunted in Zimbabwe and Namibia last year with only one rifle, a .375 H&H bolt action. I shot it a lot before left and had great luck on buffalo, leopard and plains game. I had great confidence in it and in Namibia made some relatively long shots. This year I went back to Zimbabwe for elephant and thought if I'm only going to shoot one elephant I want to do it with a double. Bought a .470 and throughly enjoyed working up loads and learning how to load and regulate a double rifle. The irons were a challenge to my 59 year old eyes so I used a red dot to work loads but was pretty determined to use the irons. I was successful in getting a nice bull with the double but upon reflection I think I'm really better with a scoped bolt action. I haven't killed a lot of buffalo but I think most of them would have been difficult or at least I would not have tried with an iron sighted double. There is also having to take two rifles if you hunt anything else and that's a pain. I also think rifles are for using but the double I used was so nice that I was concerned about the wear it was getting as well as what might happen to it while in transit.