Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Oh yes, several dogs and several cats. Gotta be really careful when nutting a cat, they will perforate your hand through a leather glove. - - - - - Nobody mentioned a pocket gogher yet. I was cleaning a burrow in preparation for setting a trap. The targeted gogher grabbed hold of my finger.

You are soooo right. Worked for a vet part time when in college and those leather gloves for "scratch protection" did nothing to protect from a cat bite - those boogers are especially nasty when they are on the slippery table. Yes - the pocket gopher - I think about that possibility every time I reach up into either side of the tunnel to clean out any debris before setting the trap. My thick gloves do help there.

Earlier some one mentioned something like a Pacific Black Timber Rattlesnake. I don't know if there is such an actual variety, but do know that I have seen many more seemingly odd color rattlers (especially very dark without much pattern) up in mid and northern Cal than anywhere else. Have seen tons in the SW and almost all seem to have been in normal color/patter form. Anyone know more about that?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron