Originally Posted by Kevin_T
Originally Posted by Diesel
Kevin, I am all for local involvement in preserving public and private land for the good of both hunter and non hunter alike, The people closest to the issue usually have the best insights. I have hunted a half dozen western states and would like to support access and preservation of our federal lands. The stuff out there about founders of BHA having close ties to groups that would restrict gun ownership of particular type and age restrictions concerns me in regards to the 2nd amendment.

Since you are very involved in BHA, can you tell me what BHA's position is on AR's? I cannot find any declared position online.

Thanks

You can ask them yourself via facebook or email. I don't see any public position, nor do I personally think it matters as they are not really a gun group .. they are an access and opportunity and fair chase group.

As for founders vs leaders those are different. I have met one of the founders a few years back and he will hunt with a trad bow every time he can .. that is all I really know.

BHA is a group focused on the 2 biggest threats to hunting:
1.) Habitat Loss
2.) Hunter access

While gun rights are important to me, it is not the only core issue for which I cast my vote. That's every US citizens right and decision to make.

Stuck in airports, Terrorized
Sent to meetings, Hypnotized
Over-exposed, Commercialized
Handle me with Care...
-Traveling Wilbury's