Originally Posted by RMerta
I am interested in joining a group that protects our public land and the access to the public land. I am willing to contribute financially and volunteer my time to that organization. I am interested in public lands locally and nationally. I sent BHA a email asking about a Indiana chapter. I looked BHA website over and they appear to be the group I may join. Or is there another group or two that you would suggest?
I listen to Randy Newbergs podcast and when I heard him speak of a large section of public land in Idaho that is for sale or sold to a private company it upset me. There is no telling what else is being done locally and nationally. I would like to belong to a public lands group with focused firepower.
Thanks in advance. Looking for recommendations.
As of right now there is no Indiana BHA chapter, though I think OH and KY may have them. One thing I recommend for local public land is to make sure your state representatives and state senators know of your support for the Healthy Rivers INitiative (https://www.in.gov/dnr/6498.htm). This has opened and will open more lands for the public to access. IMO, a great program.