A couple of clarifying things. First thanks for the post, it was mostly civil. We may still not agree on everything.

Second, I've only lived in Tennessee for the past 10 years, I'm from PA. I've worked in the coal fields across all of Appalachia. "Logging regulation" is a joke in the east. Logging is the preceding activity on all mine projects. I've seen it, turned them in, and have zero empathy for rape and pillage logging. Conducted 'correctly' different story - I just haven't seen it very often in the east.

Third, I have and ride ATVs - responsibly. I get my deer off our 1000 acre lease (timber land conducted responsibly BTW) most years by ATV. I'm not against responsible ATV usage. Here's the rub - who enforces the idiots? I've had ATVs drive through the woods past my deer stand on public land here in TN several times. I've had guys drive by me on gated forest roads in Wyoming and Colorado numerous times. I've had bad ATV experiences in every state I've hunted on public or private. Its to the point where I'd prefer to outlaw all ATVs on public land. I'll walk rather than deal with the idiots. I'll also have less company in the woods/mountains if everyone had to walk which is a win for all - except the slobs which I don't care about.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.