Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Originally Posted by HitnRun

What really stinks, is how much land is tied up that isn't Wilderness by being called a "study" area, which virtually makes it Wilderness. When is enough really enough. People that want Wilderness can go there and anywhere else they choose, but the reverse is not true and so much public land is inaccessible by the public.

So, how much is that exactly? I've yet to run across any.

The total amount of Wilderness is minuscule relative to anything else.

That's a really sophomoric comparison. How much land is unaffected by human beings since the migration west over 100 years ago? There is a surplus of federal land in the Rocky Mountain states that has been preserved by the Federal Government as Forest Service. Wilderness areas in these lands have kept growing in comparison to what was originally set aside. Wilderness advocates seem to think that all land that isn't designated Wilderness is full of roads and easily accessed. You need to get out more and see how remote some of this country really is.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.