Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Ah, KT is a BHA-firm corporate sponsor employee, at least. Sure, Kifaru sells the hiking hunter good gear, and needs as much land as possible upon which to market the experience, and the gear. Got it. Vested interest.

Dave, if your "serious" writing gig doesn't pan out, I think you have real potential as a comedian, that last post was some of the funniest stuff I've read in a long time. Especially the line above, associating Kevin with Kifaru is hilarious. And entirely consistent with the overall quality and accuracy of your research and opinions.

Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner

As for BHA's position on G bear, Yvon opposes it, Yvon bankrolls BHA, what else do you need to know.

Dave, that's what's commonly known as an association fallacy. But I prefer to call it a red herring because you've got more red herrings than a Chinese trawler. Yvon supports preservation of existing wilderness, and he supports BHA which is an advocate for preservation of existing wilderness. Yvon understands the intrinsic value of wilderness and roadless areas, and uses those areas. Outside of that, Yvon is free to support whatever else he wants to support with or without the blessing of BHA. Why would BHA take a position on a state game management issue anyway, it's not what they're about.

And tell me Dave, what does "bankroll" mean? If it means "contribute to," then I also bankroll BHA as do many others here. For the simple reason that the best hunting and fishing is in roadless areas and we'd like to keep what we've got. It really is as simple as that. Most BHA members have no financial interest in the backcountry Dave, for most of us it's personal.

Everything is not a nefarious plot driven by mercenary interests as you seem to think it is Dave. Some people really do value wilderness but your distorted worldview prevents you from seeing that and it's a shame. I know the owner of Kifaru, I've shared a few camps with him in the backcountry both hunting and fishing. He had the passion for backcountry hunting and fishing before he started his company and that led him to start making the gear that didn't exist for hunters back then. I can tell you with 100% certainty that if his company hadn't taken off and he'd done something else, he'd still be hunting and fishing in the backcountry and still be supporting BHA. I don't know Kevin as well but I've met him and read his posts here. I know we've traveled and hunted some of the same areas and I can say the same about him--he'd support BHA regardless. And the same for Randy Newberg, it's obvious from his videos and TV shows that he loves what he's doing and really does value wilderness and the mission of BHA. All three of these guys know that the best hunting and fishing is in the backcountry and they want to preserve it for future generations, that's a tradition that dates back to Teddy Roosevelt and others.

It really is as simple as that Dave, and it's a real shame that your distorted, cynical worldview blinds you to the fact that people can support the preservation of roadless backcountry for something other than mercenary interests.

PS, edited to add: If you bothered to do even minimal research on Randy Newberg, you'd know that he doesn't make his living doing hunting videos. You apparently know nothing about the man but feel entitled to cast aspersions and question his motives.

Last edited by smokepole; 06/06/18.

A wise man is frequently humbled.