Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by Sheister
rickt300, I get ya', but I've been to Texas and we have a lot of the same weather here that Stick "suffers" through. In fact, spent the whole day working in it today- it was glorious! Yeah, we pay a price for the nice days we have here- but when the fishing is good for everything from walleye, salmon, steelhead, trout, sturgeon,halibut, and much else, the hunting seasons come around for big game, small game is available just about any time, and you have rivers, lakes, oceans, mountains, and real trees to look at and wander around in any time you want on lots of public land- it's really hard to bitch about a few wet days that make all that happen. Don't think I would trade you for anything to relocate but I would dearly love to hunt some wild hogs someday. I hear there are some here in our state also, but no one is giving out the information of their whereabouts freely...

Bob

My first experience with Oregon was a road trip to Washington. We stopped in Portland only to find no bank would cash a cashiers check for $4000. not even a bank of the same brand the check was written on so I and a buddy had to camp out on the Cumberland river. Around 2am I heard a jackass walking down the line of vehicles smashing windshields. I got out and captured the idiot with my 45 and took him to the nearest cop hands tied. We both went to jail and three days later I was free to go. I went to a check cashing place and spent $240. to get my cashiers check cashed and left Oregon forever except for crossing it to get to Washington and I gas up before I get to the state line and don't stop till I cross the Cumberland. Contrary to public opinion there is plenty of public land and fine fishing in Texas. I will not subject myself to the level of idiot leftism I found in Oregon under any circumstances. That said I lived in Washington state for 3 years a bit east of Olympia and I cannot say that the number of nice days comes close to those in Texas. Again a huge annoyance were the bicycle riding mushroom eating lunatics crashing into parked cars and complicating traffic. As for salmon, great fish and I loved the run they made up the Willapa river. The trout I caught were all hatchery bred but I really enjoyed catching Steehead running up the Chehalis. Nowadays the only reason I go there is for the bear season and to visit my daughter. A few wet days? At least in Washington I thought it was funny when cheers rang out because a hole in the clouds revealed a patch of blue sky! I don't know if it was legal or not but people smoked pot right in public and it must have been some heavy duty stuff.

Grew up on the Willapa it’s not awful😉. Always enjoyed killing more than fishing.