Originally Posted by rickt300
What camera are you using for those pictures, awesome!

I'm shooting the Canon 7d Mk2, which has the ASP-C crop sensor. The crop factor on the Canon is 1.6X. When deciding on whether to get a model with a full frame sensor or a "crop sensor" camera I liked the capabilities of the 7D MK2 vs. the 5D Mk 3 when taking into consideration of the nature of the photoging I do, and it was half the price at the time, plus Canon was to bring the 5D Mk 4 to market soon. I plan to add the 5D Mk 4 later this year.

Having said that IMHO, good glass is the key. I was shooting a T2i with kit lens when I started upgrading my lenses. The better glass made a significant difference.

Anywho,

My workhorse lens is the

(1) Canon EF 24-70mm 1:2.8 L II USM

Followed by the

(2) Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3. (1.6 crop factor = 240-960mm equivalent.

and third

(3) Canon EF 70-200mm 1:2.8 L IS II. USM

ya!

GWB

PS: I typically shoot in Landscape mode, and AWB, using the aperture value (AV) the "one shot" focus, "spot metering", and 2 second delay on a tripod when shooting stills.

The 7d mk2 also has 3 custom dial settings that can be "pre-programmed". I set up both C1 and C2 for moving objects with "AI Servo" focus. "Evaluative Metering" with C1 being set on single shooting and C2, high speed continuous shooting @ 10 frames per second! The 7d Mk2 has two discs and I record in both Camera RAW and JPEG, but I'd say 97% of the photos I publish are JPEG images straight out of the camera, with no post-photo processing.

Anywho, I'm just a hack who enjoys being in the field with a camera. Your mileage may vary.

Last edited by geedubya; 03/16/18.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.