vapodog,

I live out in the sticks, and the only "sporting goods" store in town (actually a gas station/ranch-supply store) has a good-sized stack of 6.5 Creedmoor ammo. The four sporting goods stores in the local "big" town (all of 25,000 people and an hour's drive away) have several brands of Creedmoor ammo.

Did my including European rifles in the list of companies chambering the Creedmoor (and producing ammo) make you think it STARTED in Europe? If so, no the cartridge did not originate there. It was designed and produced by Hornady, and first chambered in actual American-made rifles--and became popular over past decade (not a flash-in-the-pan) in the good old U.S.A. European companies have been starting to chamber it in the past few years partly because the U.S. is the largest market for sporting rifles and ammo in the world, but it is also becoming popular among European shooters.

I don't really care if you "retract" your opinion about the 6.5 Creedmoor. If you base your opinion of a cartridge on such limited criteria then your opinion is irrelevant.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck