Originally Posted by 65BR
[quote=DLALLDER0(not a fan of the 270) but are hard to beat and time has proven so!!!.

Curious what you don't like about the 270? Long action?

On barrel contour, I never warmed up to a barrel not around .650.......IME thin barrels were tempermental, no pun, but yes, they heat up quick too. I did have an 1885 243 that was very accurate......perhaps the octagon helps, IDK, but never had a bad shooting 243. Regardless if bench accuracy is there, I agree with Brad on weight for an all arounder.

[/quote]

Despite being much maligned, I have yet to shoot a CLR that wouldn't shoot MOA or better once the barreled action had been bedded in the factory injection molded stock. The light weight of the CLR in 270 that I carried on high country (low Oxygen) hunts is much appreciated this sexagenarian! Too bad that Colt didn't commit to the CLR line enough for them to catch on and justify the production of a short action variant.

Everybody is talking about weight, but I think that stock ergs and the overall balance of the package are more important attributes than weight alone.