Originally Posted by deputy30
Brad
I was having the same thought about the fieldcraft being a little too light. While I know there is no such thing as too light when carrying a gun, shooting a super light gun is a bit tricky and I think a little bit extra weight would suit him better.

I'm a backpacker/mountain hunter mostly, and have three Kimber MT's... they're great for that role, but when it comes to the shot I always wish they had more barrel weight (and overall weight). In fact, I'm going to rebarrel one or two of them to a heavier contour. I've been at this stuff for a while and have settled on the spec's I gave - 7.25 - 7.50 lb''s "all-up" with a barrel of no less than .6" - as the best compromise between shoot-ability and portability. Of course it goes without saying the balance and feel of that rifle must be "right" too. Not saying that's the gospel, just my own hard-won preference.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery