Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Dogger,

My first 6.5 Creedmoor was a Ruger Hawkeye with a decent piece of walnut, purchased for just about that price at Capital Sports & Western Wear in 2010. It had an open trigger (which I've found to be more easily "adjustable" than the Model 70's), and with scope weighed less than 8 pounds, even though it had a 26-inch barrels. I also purchased a couple boxes of factory ammo, and after getting the rifle on paper at 100 yards, its first 5-shot group went into right around .6 inch.

Unfortunately, the standard, walnut-stocked Hawkeye is no longer chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor, probably because far more shooters purchased other variations of Hawkeyes (and RAR's and RPR's) when they wanted a Creedmoor. But the real-world price hasn't gone up much, if at all, and this year they started chambering it in .260 Remington! (Which some Creedmoor haters will no doubt regard as a Sign From The Heavens.)

As much as I like the 260, if GOD is sending signs, I'd opt for World Peace over Ruger cataloging 260s again. BTW, the only 260 that I could find listed on the Ruger site is the limited edition stainless RSI they made for Lipsey's.