Whelenaway - I did play with it for about one year:

Floated the barrel, Arkansas stone on the sear, stock length adjustment and recoil pad, Magnaported to reduce muzzle jump and experimenting with various loads to minimize group size. My best hand loading efforts resulted in a 5 shot 5/8 inch group(same as Remington 150 grain ammo) and so I gave in to the advice of multiple folk and - "that is a hunting rifle, so stop playing with it and go hunting.". The see through mount and Leupold M8 4x scope have not been touched (other than occasional use as a carry handle) for decades.

It has fired Hornady Light Magnum 150 and 165 grain ammo since Hornady made it available. Scope is set so that it has a line- of- sight hold out to 250 yards and a holdover of 8 inches at 300.
Though I have other rifles, for deer, elk, and hogs, it is my choice when something has to be killed. The current 3 year old box of Superperformance 165 grain ammo, has taken a cow elk, a coyote, Hogzilla, 3 boars, and there are 12 rounds left ( I shot the coyote and one hog off hand a second time to put them down and shut them up).
It is a big game hunting rifle and used only for that purpose.

Jwall - thanks, I kinda like it too. smile

CRS, NRA Benefactor Life Member, Whittington Center, TSRA, DWWC, DRSS
Android Reloading Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/