They are really very different rifles. I've had the older T3 lite in the past and currently have a Tikka CTR. I've had one of the EW's 8-9 years now. I ran across the EW used in 308 at a good price and hunted with it as is the 1st season or 2. I liked it, but didn't love it. Someone placed a used Edge stock up for sale here in the Classifieds and after putting that stock on it the EW has become my go-to rifle. The factory stock is a good one, but is heavier and thicker than I like. The Edge stock isn't just trimmer feeling, it is 7 oz lighter. The newer EW stock is no different other than color.

Right now my EW weighs 7.5 lbs with a Zeiss Conquest in Talley Lightweight mounts. I think that is a good balance between being light enough to carry, yet still enough heft to shoot well. Mine is consistently accurate with any bullet I've tried in it. Personally I like the more traditional looks of the EW even in SS/Synthetic. I like the CRF action and Winchester safety.

The Tikka is a modernistic looking rifle that will be over a pound lighter than an out of the box EW. It will still be almost 1/2 lb lighter than my EW with the Edge stock on it. Based on my experience the odds of getting an extremely accurate Tikka are a little better. But I doubt I'd be disappointed in an EW. I don't necessarily dislike detachable magazines,but the Tikka mags are more expensive than they should be. Standard mags are 3+1, but in standard calibers 5+1 is available although the 5 round mags do protrude below the stock a bit. The Winchester is 5+1 with a floorplate which I just like a little better.

I like my rifle EW up the way it is better. But the rifles are more expensive then the added costs of a replacement stock will about double what an out of the box Tikka will cost. If I were going to use it as it came out of the box I'd probably buy the Tikka. You really need to handle some of both to decide.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.