Originally Posted by Jim_Knight
I've never owned a Tikka, but my SIL bought a T3Lite (I think it is?) in 7mm Mag one year just to pack down in this awful canyon. He got his Bull too. I shot it with him at the range and it was indeed accurate, and very light. If you want lightweight and accurate, go Tikka. If a man wants to have a bit heftier rifle, and fool around with it, then a Mod 70. The Tikka, for me, feels OK but has a lot of plastic, it just doesn't "feel sturdy" to me. I'm sure they are like everything else, but they are "different". I also don't care for the looks of the action and the magazine protruding out the bottom. Another reason I never liked the early Browning BLRs, the magazine sticking out. I packed an M16 long enough ( and I have a Bushmaster Predator for coyotes) I don't like them for sport hunting, bugs me. I like "slim and trim" in my hands...but that's just me. smile

The tikka is "slim and trim" in ones hands. The magazine doesn't protrude out from the bottom of the rifle either, unless you buy a higher capacity magazine. I love model 70's as well, but in some instances the superlite is better, and vise versa. Now, just last year I was comparing 2 rifles side by side and those were both stainless. One being a nice model 70 classic stainless sporter chambered in 7WSM, the other was a Tikka t3x superlite 7mm rem magnum. After shooting them side by side, I decided to get rid of the Tikka, in favor of the model 70. This decision was based on felt recoil and design preference. Now I have a T3x chambered in 6.5 creedmoor and you couldn't get me to sell that rifle. I didn't see what chambering the OP wants, but if it's anything bigger than 7mm rem mag, I'd pass on the Tikka. I'd probably pass on the EW too and find a good old classic stainless with the better trigger...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA