Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by russm86

Thought this was a fairly well known issue with the Tikka T3s and Sako A7s. The plastic isn't strong enough and so the top of the mag expands from the spring pressure with cartridges loaded in it.

I've had Tikkas for over 20 years and never heard of this phenomenon. I think you're jinxed.

I’ve only had Tikkas for 10 years so I lack JG’s duration, but I have a lot of Tikkas and I’ve never had this problem.

Makes me wonder how you’re loading the mags. Try not pushing the cartridges straight down on your next mag.

P

I've never top loaded these mags. Always in from the front and down under the feed lips. Mine and all my buddies are original from the very first generation of T3 rifles, haven't bought a new mag since the original spare I got right after purchasing the rifle, maybe I should try some brand new ones... I know the A7s definitely are a common problem, you can google that one easily and Sako/Beretta have admitted issues with them, assumed the T3 was similar as the only difference is the feed lips are steel on the A7.