Currently there are 2 rifles in contention to go on a trophy mule deer hunt this fall. A m700 based 280 AI,and a T3 270 Win in factory issue.

The big Remington build lays still in the bog pod. Like a corpse. The tuned old school trigger is the best in the safe. A close second is the Kimber. Tikka comes in third.

The thing that keeps easing me toward the T3,is the detachable mag. The last time I took a Tikka to the mountains I carried 3 mags. One lived in/with the rifle. The others were zipped in appropriate jacket or pant pockets. Great way to carry spare ammo. Not to mention the single stack design feeds like a dream. Didn't figure even I could loose all three,lol.

The jury is still out. If I had to grab one right now and head out the door,it would be the Tikka. Shorter,lighter and they both shoot the same to 400 yards. And detachable mags.

I love all the different opinions. It makes our sport great,and inspires more rifle purchases. Nuttin wrong with that.

Last edited by Otter6; 09/06/18.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."