I have both of these rifles.

A Tikka T3X Lite Stainless in .308 and an Extreme Weather in .300WSM.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...13111046/tikka-vs-winchester-ew#comments

The Tikka with scope and sling weighs in at 7lbs. 4oz. unloaded. This is my second Tikka, the first I could never get to shoot MOA with anything, I sent it back to Beretta and they promptly replaced it. The replacement has been amazing with factory ammo and shoots the Hornady 168 Amax load tight. Of the 3 Tikkas I have fooled with, they have probably one of the best, for a factory rifle, triggers I have used. They are about as light a rifle as I would want for the typical hunting that I do. The action is slick and the whole package is very businesslike, no frills, just durable and very accurate.

The Winchester EW rifle weighs 7lbs 14oz. unloaded. In .300 WSM I wouldn't want it any lighter. I've used handloads in this rifle from the start and it shoots sub MOA with 180gr. ballistic tips, accubonds and Hornady sst's. The trigger was not as easy to adjust but it is set at 3 lbs. and is crisp to me, I could probably get a different spring for it and get it down a little lighter. It is one of the earlier models with the stock that everyone complains about, but I haven't had any problems with it. It has a very different feel to it than the Tikka. It's more mechanical feeling with more parts moving, but a very slick action. Brad here on the fire posted a list of minor polishing, touching up items that he does to factory rifles and I did those things to this rifle and it is my favorite rifle package, just not chambered in my favorite cartridge. It is just a very solid rifle, feels good in your hands. Feels like quality. If you needed it to be lighter, I'm sure with a stock swap you could take at least a 1/2 lb. off.

But for the cost of a new stock, you could probably find a Tikka that is already lighter for not much more and just have 2 rifles.

If I had to pick just one for the hunting I do, and I don't have to pick. I would pick the Winchester. If backpacking and steep terrain was my usual, I'd pick the Tikka.

Bob.