Originally Posted by Otter6

The thing that keeps easing me toward the T3,is the detachable mag. The last time I took a Tikka to the mountains I carried 3 mags. One lived in/with the rifle. The others were zipped in appropriate jacket or pant pockets. Great way to carry spare ammo. Not to mention the single stack design feeds like a dream. Didn't figure even I could loose all three,lol.

The jury is still out. If I had to grab one right now and head out the door,it would be the Tikka. Shorter,lighter and they both shoot the same to 400 yards. And detachable mags.

I love all the different opinions. It makes our sport great,and inspires more rifle purchases. Nuttin wrong with that.

I too find the detachable mag an asset, not a detriment, but I grew up using a 760 and various military rifles with box magazines. Never lost a mag but had a bit of trouble inserting the 760 mags at times, not so with the Tikka. In smooth, out smooth. Whats not to like with a quality barrel, accuracy, nice trigger and a design that lends itself to well to quick loading/unloading without those noisy pocket full of loose cartridges?

Always a good idea to carry at least one extra magazine for the the times that you may accidentally throw it under a vehicle's wheel or it drops from the rifle without you noticing it. LOL

I like the five round mags over the three round, very easy to insert and allows extra capacity if needed. Prices have dropped to $30-$35 at sportmans guide/ cheaper than dirt for these mags, so no excuse to have extras

SD