Originally Posted by prm
Originally Posted by scottfromdallas
I was at Cabelas last week and they had a Nightforce SHV 3-10 return for $699 in the bargain cave. I looked through it and it was the MOAR reticle. I liked the layout but it was way too thin for me. I could tell it would be difficult to see in low light or dark timber. My favorite non duplex reticle is the one Leupold has in the VXR Patrol 3-9. It's a 2nd FF TMR that is really easy to pick up in low light. It's a great hunting reticle.

I am a fan of the SHV, but I do think there is room for improvement with the reticles. It’s like they’ve chosen two extremes, some fine computer display suitable for a bench or shooting in open terrain, or the basic Plex, and a relatively fine one at that. Seems to me you could have a reticle that helps when in the dark timber at first or last light, but also provides some windage reference when you’re out in the open. Each situation is very common when big game hunting. Given that they dial elevation so well, I’d really just want some windage reference.

couldn't agree more, I think the problem is there just isn't that many people that would buy the scope. you and I would, but its either simple hunting scopes, which I don't think sell all that well either, or PRS wanna be's with 15# rifles and 3# truck axle tube scopes.