Originally Posted by Formidilosus

None of those scope you mentioned is even remotely close in reliability, durability, and correct function to the SHV. “Glass” is the most over hyped, over talked, over spent, least needed, least important, least used, piece of the scope puzzle.

One can not like them, however as aiming devices SHV’s are only bested by NXS/ATACR’s.

I wasn't speaking strictly in terms of "glass." I already mentioned some of the other features. Durability is over hyped too. The pendulum has swung far the other way where posters speak strictly in terms of durability. No one on this forum is an "operator." We aren't using scopes to pound tent stakes, nor will ever need a scope to function after taking a direct hit. Most of the audience here are simply hunters and shooters.

You have way more experience behind scopes than me, for sure. And were I back in uniform and if my life depended on it, the choices may be different. But for a hobbyist shooter, and that ~$800 price point we are speaking of, those scopes will get the job done.