Originally Posted by JGRaider
Another nice rig DF. Really like that one. Please update on your experience with the SHV. I liked the Forceplex, but haven't used one and only fiddled with it once.

Just got it put together tonight.

First impression is very good. I like my scopes mounted back a bit for a heads up approach; I don't stock crawl.

With the med LW Talley rings, it seems about perfect. The Mtn. Rifle comb isn't too extreme, allows good head position, good cheek weld while looking squarely into the scope. It seems to have a generous eyebox like our VX-6's. The glass is really good, probably somewhere between VX-3 and VX-6.

The reticle isn't quite as bold as the VX-6, but as bold if not bolder than the VX-3, sorta in between.

I don't think you'll lose this reticle in dim light. The Forceplex is not like the wide VX-5 duplex, just the opposite, more like the VX-3, the thick part may be even closer to the center, fine wires are pretty short.

You have enough fine reticle for precision shooting, enough heavy reticle to be there in dim light. They did a good job with this reticle, well thought out, IMO.

This scope is built like a tank and looks the part.

DF

Last edited by Dirtfarmer; 09/12/18.