The other factor I may have mentioned before is there's FAR less difference in riflescope optics than 20-25 years ago, when so many hunters obsessed over bright optics. The top end hasn't changed, at least from what I can tell through night-testing on my optics chart, with the very brightest scopes, since none have ever rated more than an 8 on the chart.

But for many years only a very few scopes rated an 8, and they all came from Europe and cost over $1000. Now far more scopes rate 8, and some cost under $1000.

In the meantime the vast majority of scopes costing around $500 will rate a 7, which was noticeably above average 20 years ago, and some costing in the $200 to $300 range rate a 7 as well. This is far brighter than the average non-European scope of 20-25 years ago, and brighter than some high-priced Euro-scopes back then.

All the Nightforce scopes I've tested in recent years have rated a 7+, as close to an 8 as possible on the scale. In hunting, there's no practical difference, and the reticle itself will make FAR more difference in aiming ability than that slight amount of optical brightness.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck