Well here is my assessment of my SHV without implying I’m any kind of rabid NF user. After shooting a whole summer, mainly working up loads for a 300 WSM at a 100 to 300 yards, I do like the scope. But it’s not a lightweight scope and not the best (or even good?) match for a real lightweight rifle IMO either.

Very subjectively, I find the glass gives my eye a little less “pop” than the very light, set-and-forget Z3’s, but it’s still very good. The elev turret — up and down — has shown repeatability and I think it is very dependable from what I can see (pun here). However, the scope is not a light weight as mentioned at ~ 21 oz. and not what I would consider, in any way, as a component of a “mountain rifle” concept. Purely personal opinion and deference here..

But, here is my main question: who decided the MOAR reticle is an “all-around” hunting reticle (if they did), or even an “all-purpose” reticle? I would have to raise my hand in that business mtg and say “I can’t go for that.” While nature “abhors a straight line,” it’s the ONLY thing I find that differentiates it from a pile of fine, shaded brush at any distance ..if, and it’s a big IF, you have the time and patience to search and “find Waldo” in it.

I’m a 500-yd shooter/ hunter under the best of conditions. I did no better on targets with the NF 3-10x SHV with the MOAR reticle on a 300 WSM, 7 3/4 lbs rifle, at that range than I did with my 9 oz Leupold 6x LRD on a 5 1/2 lb custom 284, which is my idea of a mountain rifle.

So, not to criticize the scope as much as this reticle, one has to be very honest as to their very specific needs — and you had better study that MOAR reticle pretty hard and maybe have 25 y/o eyes if you are considering it as a hunting reticle before buying it.