Just to be clear. As I said in my previous post, there are some folks in these shows who are indeed genuine and “the real deal”. Heimo and Edna are a classic example of that. Also, the last Alaskans, as far as the Alaska reality television shows go, is about the best from what little I’ve been exposed to. I’ve had a little experience on the logistical side of that show as well as a couple others and was gifted the first six episodes by the producer prior to their release. I didn’t mean to come off sounding nasty about these folks, I’ve just watched enough from a certain level of remove, and dealt with the slick, pushy, LA liberals who put these together, to know it’s largely a “Product” not a non fiction documentary. All I’m saying is, at the end of the day, it’s a television show.

People are correct, the scenery is incredible, and possibly a good enough reason in and of itself to tune in.

Life in the bush, if done well, is usually quite routine and relatively uneventful, which doesn’t sell like conflict, crisis and drama.

Because through judicious handloading and a bold sense of optimism, you can make anything into an .88 Magnum - once! 😁 - chesterpulley