Originally Posted by 1bigdude
Good God has it been that long? Hell I am 82 memory must be slipping like the pecker! I got pictures but they are film an must be scanned in.
Are you certain of those dates? I am not questioning you but I am almost certain it was later than '92 more like '96ish or later I went to Tanzania for buffalo in 2004 &2005 and it was well before that.

Bigs

The KL herd summers in Subunit 15A north of the Kenai airport to the Swanson River and in the
extreme western portion of 15B. The population winters on the lower Moose River to the outlet of
Skilak Lake and in the area around Browns Lake. Its range encompasses around 1,200 km2 in and
around the communities of Soldotna, Kenai, and Sterling. This herd has shown the slowest growth compared to the other Kenai herds. Numbers slowly increased to more than 100 caribou
20 years after the reintroduction in 1966. The herd presently numbers about 100–120
individuals. Growth in this population has been limited by predation rather than by habitat. Free-
ranging domestic dogs and coyotes kill calves in summer and wolves prey on all age classes
during winter. Hunts were held in 1981, 1989, 1990, 1991, and 1992, but no permits have been
issued since.

THIS IS FROM :
Caribou Management Report
of survey-inventory activities
1 July 2008–30 June 2010

By F&G. It's a .pdf and I don't know how to link it from my tablet.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender