Originally Posted by Caribou
Originally Posted by 1bigdude
Well Caribou under your logic I guess I should be able to hunt with full auto rifles because my kin folk used flintlock. And because they sold deer for the market, a.k.a. market hunters, I too can do it and fill my dump truck...hell a dump truck only holds so many deer, right ?
The people I live among accept that laws should be the same for everyone regardless of race, spirituality or ethnic background

Folks around here hunted with flintlocks and progressed to the legal semi auto's in a couple of century's in parallel with other folks further south and beyond.
Commercial hunting is alive and well today with an entire industry devoted to guiding. Instead of being a Hunter, people make $$ catering to Hunters by showing them the way, camping with them, flying them, lodging them, etc.,.it has evolved from selling carcasses to selling a chance at killing something, and as a subsistence Hunter rather than trophy Hunter , I bring my wife to do "Guide" duty's.

If full auto was legal and practical to hunt with, though for which I cannot think of any examples, then fine.

If the game population is high and sustainable, then fill your truck, like a fisherman fills a trawler.

If you filled your pickup with Deer, would you give it all away after butchering?

Perhaps give what you can and keep what you must?

Food is a large part of a culture, (Where would the Italians be with out Spaghetti?)and Caribou, etc are cultural foods here, and cannot be bought in a store. Most every hunter I know hunts for multiple family's and young, old and infirm. Sharing and giving get high respect here amongst the small villages where everyone knows each other and familys are extended and deep, people are expected to share.
Some hunters are better than others some people only fish, some work labor jobs and pay the bills, yet , at the end of the day they eat, sleep and wake up warm to do it again. What may seem excessive to some is because they dont understand the redistribution system thats in fine working order all over Alaska.

The people I live among accept that laws should be the same for everyone regardless of race, spirituality or ethnic background, as everyone has to have a Alaskan State Hunting/fishing/trapping, etc license and follow the same laws, bag limits, seasons as everyone else. Game Unit to Game unit, locals seem to know best and adjust accordingly

Ya know Chip, we give away some of what we take here too, its just common sense for those that can't get out and need or want some meat. If we are lucky to take what we want thats even better. But I generally give away to others first, and then look towards our needs. That could get one dead in the north, but not here.

Regardless living as you would want to be treated is never a bad thing IMHO. Respect. Communication. Sharing. Love. Not a thing wrong with those. Might have even read some about that in a book a few times.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....