Originally Posted by 1bigdude
Caribou you missed my thoughts entirely on the thread or purposely construed them. It was those whom know how to use the system to take advantage of it in a way it was never meant to be used not law breakers. I.e. run a motorized boat out to kill swimming Caribou then bring them ashore an share meat with non native family members...legal yes but not the intent of the law. Robbing nests of shore birds of eggs then doing the same...only to complain about low bird numbers in the future.
Sorry but I do not buy into "gray areas" .

AK law says it is illegal to shoot any big game from a boat in SE AK. Prince William Sound it is legal to shoot deer from a boat, but not bears. On Kodiak you can shoot any big game from a boat. Most of AK you can shoot big game from a boat.

A friend just sent in a proposal to the board of fish, meeting now, to change a rule to make a particular act legal statewide. They turned it down saying they see no reason to do so because every management act has consequences. Allowing them to manage things differently gives them options and allows people to continue doing as they have been as much as possible.

AK is huge; do Michigan, Florida, and California (and all the States between) manage everything the same way? Why should AK?

Trying to micromanage a system you obviously do not understand is not your best argument choice.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.