[quote=kaboku68One of the roughest things in Alaska is that if you do something that you shouldn't do like shoot a sublegal dall sheep and you report yourself that the system will throw the book at you and make you pay while somebody who poaches and gets caught will pay less. That crap has to change.[/quote]

I totally agree with you on this. When I got to Elmendorf in 2011, at my in briefing for the base, one of the guys from base wildlife told us "It's easier to get away with murder in Alaska, than it is to commit a game and fish violation". Truer words never spoken in my opinion.

Also, I know a guy in Palmer that thought he was shooting a fork horn moose several years go, only to find out it had another tine and one that was broken off on the other antler, thus a sub-legal bull. He called ADFG to report what he did, and started harvesting the moose and bringing it out of the woods as he was instructed to do. After 2 or three trips back and forth, the brown shirt showed up. He wrote him up for several violations one being wanton waste of game meat. Said individual lawyered up and fought the charges and won in court. Granted he still had to pay his lawyer and court fees, but he was cleared of it. That is a prime example of why people that maybe make an honest mistake don't report it. I have given up calling in fishing violations, as I have always been told there are no troopers available to investigate to respond.