Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Ejp1234
JD subcompact/compacts are toys with crap crank cases... aluminum junk!

My compact is a Kioti CK30 and its a tank...

Im in deere country for AG.. my farmer grew up working on them before he started tilling... he owns a kubota compact for light use tho ag equipment is green.

Look at stats... the answer is always in the stats.

Can you point me to these stats of which you speak? I just googled John Deere aluminum crankcase and didn't see anything that stood out as an issue. Do you have any recommended reading on that?

Its pretty simple to find? You could also drive down to a dealership and check out all the aluminum out for yourself, its right in your face when you look below one... they arent trying to hide it. Then you would be educated enough to give advice and not question someone on one of these threads.

The stats are also listed on each products page... like lift capacities, hp, pump sizes etc etc... again, for the cost class/hp class, JD always looses in sub/compacts.... if they were the better buy, by all means id say so, i dont hold a grudge... i dont own stock in any brand.

The facts are, they are more expensive for aluminum underneath vs steel, lower spec’s where needed and usually a plastic hood... and the E class really lack things, for instance an gas cap with a float for the guage... you have to step up to an R for normal features but thats a huge price jump and the spec’s typically dont change.