Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Lets shift gears a bit here. What do y'all have on board for tools? Bear in mind I am somewhat limited on storage, but there is a small built in tool box. I am going to keep a hammer, slip joint pliers, crescent wrench, a small can of spray lube, and... Bear in mind I'll have back up tools nearby, just want to have those that I am most likely to need.

I carry an assortment of spare pins and tools. Tool wise, 12 inch adjustable wrench, Channel-Loc pliers, 2 types of screwdrivers, hammer, Linemans pliers, and Vicegrips. As you use your tractor more you may find certain things on either the tractor or your implements that need extra attention, thus additional tools. For example, the nuts holding the gearbox on my mower work loose in about 20 hours so I carry a 1-1/8 in combination wrench. A rag, some spray lube and a pair of gloves are nice to have too. My tractor has a cab so I carry a tool bag inside and use the exterior tool box for the spare pins and such.

Quality of tools? Your choice! A lot of the farmers around here buy cheaper tools because they are more likely to get stolen or lost long before they will get worn out. Many of them will bolt or weld a ammo can on their disc or mower to carry tools in and even a chain.

lightman