Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

If any of you have model specific information or knowledge that you think might be useful, please let me know. If it were you, which would you choose and why? What else do I need to consider?

My thoughts as of now. On the TYM website, the 264 is describes as a sub-compact. Every spec puts is squarely in the size 2 compact range. I need to lay eyes on it. It is a great deal. I can get a tandem axle trailer and a disc with that for $18,700 all at 5.5%. The Kubota B2610 sits at the top of my list as of right now all things considered. Tractor, implements, 0% financing and insurance under one roof from arguably the best reputed brand. The JD 3025 is a great deal if I can use the FEL control comfortably.

Personally, I've never heard of a TYM.. Anyhoo - Two things: Do all the above have category-1 3-pts? If some are category-0, I'd pass, but that's just me. Second, the JD with cruise control (R) models IIRC, have some other things with that (load match, etc..).. I DO use the cruise control on my JD 3039R for lawn mowing - but I have a rather large yard, and keeping a set speed is tons easier with cruise than with yer foot on a hydro pedal.. BTDT. The stick for the FEL is about a foot++ away from the wheel and I llike that setup for loader work - I do a LOT of it in wintertime.. smile

Take the zero interest, if for say, 60-72 and sign up for 'auto-pay' - no way you're gonna be late... And then if ya win the LOTTO or (whatever) you can always write the reader and pay it off. I did that on my last two - kept the 0% until I ran into some extra funds and then paid it off.. Oh - but ask one other thing: IF paying cash, does that drop the OTD price by a bit (usually $150-200) since many times the dealer is required to pay the 0% offset..

From my experience of one tractor purchase, the price is the price, (ir)regardless of cash or finance. The 0% in my case was from kubota, price is negotiated by the dealer.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender