I have not used the Hammer yet or even heard of the Cavity Back but have been trying the Lehigh Controlled Chaos bullets some and will do more this season. The Lehigh is a petal shedding design and I have used the 17 caliber and the 85 gr. 25 caliber. So far I am impressed and I think that they may drop at least deer sized game faster than the more traditional monos. The reviews on some of the Lehigh's thought they may have a narrow velocity window but this has mostly been with the Black Out and Whisper cartridges. The 25s I am running at 3,600 fps and I limit shots to 500 yds maximum where they are still going 1,900 fps. Have not taken any deer beyond 250 yds. yet so the verdict is still out.

The Hammer bullet only partially sheds petals except for the Dead Blow design which can fragment up to 60%. The CCB looks to be an attempt to get higher BC by making the bullets longer with the base cavity. They only shed about 10% of their weight according to their web site.

I like testing new bullets but I can't help but think you may be going in the wrong direction if faster kills are the goal. More frangible bullets like the SSTs and most other cup and core bullets may drop game quicker. But this is subjective and I would need a cam and a timer on my scope to be able to discern the slight differences, if there are any.

One thing all the CNC bullets I have tried have been very accurate and consistent. There are so many new bullets it looks like they are running out of names for them all.

Last edited by Tejano; 09/10/19.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli