Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Miles,

I have so far restrained myself somewhat when reading your posts, but I have far more experience with various monolithics at different ranges and velocities than you do--at least from what I recall from your posts, which indicate you usually shoot whitetails at shorter ranges.

I can categorically state, from plenty of actual experience with various bullets at ranges from close up to 500+ yards, that you are absolutely FOS about how monolithic damage innards compared to bullets that lose more weight. In fact I known quite a few professional hunters (both guides and cullers) who have been astonished at the INTERIOR damage done by Bergers, and similar bullets. They have seen FAR more animals killed than you have, with your "vast" personal experience. As in thousands.

Of course, you will respond with something else from your limited experience, and also something about the dangers of lead-core bullets. Go ahead.

Well I feel compelled to add to this matter, I haven't been monitoring anybodies posts and I can't say the red soup statement has been my experience. But they drop these whitetails here. I am going to try the 6.5 x 284 with 130 bergers this year if I get a chance. I have found an extremely accurate load with them in my cooper excalibur. I am quite certain the berger VLD will be as traumatic as as any AMAX especially at 6.5x284 velocities. I've never had great luck shooting 130's in my 260's. It will be after winter before I can post any results and probably wont have much to say until plenty have been harvested.

Again good luck and shoot straight y'all