Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Wow! 200 animals!

You have never shot any of the "old C&C's."

You have shot 60-70 with the TSX. Would love to hear whether you actually kept track of the numbers, or it's a guesstimate.

Would also be interested in whether you tracked the bullet's path closely enough to determine if it touched the spinal column--or otherwise hit substantial bone. Have seen some astoundingly quick drops with monos that ticked the spinal column, but otherwise looked like pure long shots.

My database involves a lot more than 200 animals--and they were actually each recorded, instead of guessed, as in 60-70.

Not out of my 260 and I very seldom hit spines John and all are close range inside 200 yards. I am definitely in the guesstimate range but am being conservative with my numbers as I hunt on damage permits here in Northern VA. I harvest an average of 15 or so per year over 20 last year. I don't count how many I shoot because my superstitious nature tells me that when I start counting them I stop seeing them. Most average about 80 pounds. I am not a gun writer sir and I don't have a data base and I am not going to start one. I've never been to Africa never been to many of the vast number of locations and continents you have been to. Only speaking about whitetails and my experience here in VA with the 120 TSX in my 260 rem CDL SF Limited and my experience with it is extensive.

Again good luck and shoot straight y'all