Originally Posted by Tejano
Originally Posted by BWalker
One thing to consider with barnes mono bullets and others that expand into petals is the fact most people confuse the rough diameter of the expanded bullet as frontal area when in fact it's not. While the expanded diameter of some monos my be similar to traditional bullets the frontal area often is not.

I am of the opinion that the star shaped petals and other bullets like the Bear Claw, Woodleigh and Bitterroot, is that the petals or claws do more damage. Again to quote Siegfried he though that bullets like the A-Frame that expand like a wadded pice of bubble gum do less damage.

Who knows the wide round expansion should create more hydro static shock, the petals more primary wounding much like a broad head. Moot point as they both work splendidly.

I am going to try the Black Out Xs in my 300 WM, nothing exceeds like excess and I bet it will drop a deer pretty quickly, maybe not DRT, Red Mist or Blood soup quick but PDQ is good enough for me. Bet I can get them to at least 3,500 fps maybe more.

The petals dont actually cut or touch anything given cavitation.