Originally Posted by poboy
"Climate Change Activists" just need to get China, India, Russia, Mexico on board. Only the
good 'ol USA will cough up cash.

I'm in India & China quite a bit for work. Those places are unbelievably polluted, so polluted that you can barely see the sun on a good day and it inflames your sinuses. I had to go to the doctor after a trip back from China a few months ago because I thought I had the flu, turned out my sinuses were just irritated and I was drooling like the dog from Turner & Hooch.

They're not going to stop doing what they're doing just because some Swedish kid cries on TV and bumps fists with Obama. They've got a billion plus people each and they're gonna do whatever it takes to get a leg up, throttling their economy to clean up the planet is the last thing on their mind. We in the U.S. have environmentally regulated ourselves to the point of diminishing returns, it'll take crushing our economy with silly ideas like outlawing the internal combustion engine to make a minute different in our emissions. If we did that then it wouldn't make one bit of difference with China and India, they'd just laugh as we destroyed our economy and way of life while cranking out even more pollution. We're on the same planet as them and spending ourselves into bankruptcy trying to clean it up isn't going to do a damn thing to make it cleaner with them around.