Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Interesting.

I've always been an athlete and still train hard. Carbs have always been a big part of my diet except when i would need to cut weight for a fight....and then they were limited for only a relatively short period of time. I'm not a big believer in the idea of "this is the only way a healthy human should eat" diet fad. I do believe there are some basic rules but when conditions of the body change, the demands on a body change, and/or the needs of the body change, the way a person eats to take care of those conditions/demands/needs may change.

Congrats and I hope you continue to have success!

That sounds like a very sensible approach. I've always said that the best diet will obviously contain the best quality,most nutrient dense foods possible while cutting out anything that is doing harm to us. That should be obvious to anyone,but learning what our body needs and doesn't can be quite controversial.

I don't know that even one particular diet would be best for anybody,but as you say,I do think some things should be obviously bad to anyone, like processed foods and processed sugars.

What I am doing right now is carbs with no fats. I won't eat oils or even lean meats right now with my carbs. It is sort of an experiment,as has been this whole diet for the last 14 months. I don't necessarily think meat is bad but I do think some of the things we put in our meat and the way we treat it makes it unhealthy,and that most of us would do much better to eat less meat and better quality wild meat whenever possible.

When I eat meats though,I am not eating any carb rich foods even on the same day. I'm not saying this is necessary,just what I am doing now based on what I am learning.