Originally Posted by jimy
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

I wouldn't doubt that. I'm doing about the same thing eating lots of fiber with the carbs. I'm just in the extreme to experiment with as little fat in my diet as possible.I'm trying to see if my body will use it's own fat stores even when I am intentionally over eating carbs. I am also increasing my physical activity levels with longer bike rides and I have more energy over all. So far it seems to be working. I am getting leaner and more vascular after just one month and I can see an increase in strength,loss of weight,but particularly an increase in stamina and recovery.

Just to clarify,when I say carbs,I mean only whole food,plant based carbs.

You would so help many of us out by being more defined about the foods you eat and those you don't, you say "Lots of fiber with the carbs" what exactly are you eating, you also mention "bean" there are dozens of choices of "beans" , I don't care to get a degree in this eating, I would just like to simply drop a few pounds and you seem to have found the keys, please be more exact about what you are eating, thanks for all of your help in this.

Right now I don't eat bread in any form but mostly because it would be hard for me to get a good healthy bread. I don't eat anything processed except that I drink almond milk. I have quit dairy but it might not be forever. I am not eating much meat at all. I've ate beef and pork on 2 days out of about 20 and no meat otherwise.

I eat all kinds of vegetables as close to raw as possible including all kinds of beans. I've been eating a lot of oats lately and have had 3 bowels of oatmeal today so far with banana, blueberries, blackberries, cinnamon,and some dates to sweeten it. I'll likely have some Kale salad with broccoli and cauliflower,and whatever other vegetables I can find. Later I might have a potato with some beans and salsa, no added oils or dairy or meat fats in any of it, except for a small amount of olive oil dressing in the salad and even that is more like a spoonful now as compared to a quarter cup when I started eating salads.

All this diet of mine has been an experiment to see what foods would help heal my body and make me feel better as well as lose weight. I just wanted to share my recent carb eating with some who may be doing low carbs because I did low carbs for the majority of my weight loss. I've only been doing whole food carbs about a month but this is the best month I've had in about the previous 6-8 as far as feeling good and having plenty of energy, So far today I've hung some sheet rock and rode my bike 15 miles. Just stopped for another bowel of oats and back to rock hanging.

Just wanted to add that I'm 51 now and weighed over 330 at age 50. I am lighter,faster,and stronger,than I was when I played high school football. I could barely walk last year and was on pain pills and injections as well as blood pressure meds. I don't use any meds now and my blood pressure is perfect. Knee pain and back pain 99% gone.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 10/12/19.