Big congrats to everyone losing weight!! I remember posting here,and how excited I was when I weighed 330 and had just lost my first 20 lbs.Like any long journey,it takes a while but you are on the trip the moment you step out the door.

I think my low fat eating from the start helped me now that I know more of the science behind weight loss. I studied the keto diet but never ate nearly as much fat as they recommend. I lost the majority of my weight on low fat meats and green vegetables of every type.

This new high carb low fat diet has been doing good for me for about a month,but if I start to gain weight I'll vary it up. I am sort of in the middle as to what I think is healthy. I don't know that any extreme is healthy and it seems to me that the healthiest diet would be the most varied diet of healthy foods. Learning what is healthy and what is not is the catch,but we just have to use good sense and monitor ourselves to see how our diet is effecting us. I basically fell asleep at the switch for about 20 years and didn't see how my diet was effecting me all those years that I was gaining weight and getting sicker and sicker.I just accepted it as normal,and it is normal if you eat a standard American diet.