First thing I would do, based on my experience, is to find a good Phys Therapist that can show you how to tape your foot. My doctor did nothing right except refer me to PT. After doing the PT routine, calf stretches and the like, the PT guy taped my foot and I had instant relief. Yes, instant or nearly so, after weeks of waiting to get in, it seemed so simple I wondered why the friggen doctor didn't do it.

The taping is not a cure. Neither is the "Sock" or the other contraption that's pictured above. Same with heel pads/ inerts. But they allow one to function until one can work long enough on the stretching and exercises.

Like Johnny Loco, it's almost a religion now. Haven't had a serious recurrence for a long time. Couple of months back I broke out the sock for a week or so. ANd did more stretches and exercises.

I'm a barefoot type person, and wear shoes that are "oversized" when I wear shoes, so my feet can spread in them. Like Kaywoodie, my "pointy cowboy boot " days are over. I have loose slip on shoes so I can run out in the yard to do crap without having to lace up.

Good luck, but I can't overemphasize the relief I got from learning how to tape my foot. And that Strasburg Sock helped bunches too.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?