Physical Therapy did nothing for me . Orthotics helped . One shot of Cortisone did the trick in a few days . A few years ago I had Cortisone ( or something similar ) injected for Spinal Stenosis . The Surgeon first gave me a Pain Shot to deaden the Area and after that ( can't remember how many minutes ) ...... Injected the Cortisone ( as this is done slowly and in real time under an Xray ) . The Pain was not real bad . I asked the Podiatrist who gave me the Heel Shot if he used a Pain killer . He said he did . What he did not say was that both the Pain killer and Cortisone were in ONE Shot . Not a good idea . That surprise hurt more than a little . If all else fails , you might seek out and try something fairly new ( especially for musculoskeletal applications ) . It is called PRP for Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy . They take a small quantity of your own Blood , centrifuge it . This concentrates the Platelets and other beneficial blood components and then inject this into the injured area . They then evaluate after about 6 weeks . Some people require only one injection . Others may require 2 or 3 . For some types of associated Arthritis Pain , a Booster may be required every 10 Months or so . This regenerative technique was not available in my area when I had the Plantar Fasciitis or I would have tried it . The PRP is also used for Tendonitis , Low Back Pain Arthritis , Ligament Injuries , etc . For some folks PF is a nightmare .

Last edited by usull; 10/17/19. Reason: Add