I have to agree with GoDogs on the previous page. I have shot three cows and two bulls with a .338WM, all with 225gr Partitions. All five showed immediate signs of being hit hard. Two collapsed and never moved. Two tried to go uphill but after two or three steps turned downhill into a free-fall. The fifth at over 250 yards raised up on its back legs and fell over backward down the hill. I'm glad my buddy witnessed it through his binocular - quite the sight.

I've taken 8 with 300WM/300WSM's with no drama, but not the immediate "hurt" visual. But I've had a raghorn collapse in its tracks with a pre '64 .308 Winchester with a 165gr Partition at 110 yards. Two years later (almost in the same spot) a big 5x5 dropped immediately from a 150gr. Partition from a .270 Win. at about 100 yards. Oddly, some bones from the raghorn were still where I left them.

As I commented earlier, we started elk hunting with 300's and .338's. Why? Cause elk were big and so were the mountains. Twenty years later, we bring our deer guns and know how to use trajectory if needed. The big guns are either in the safes or sold off.

I don't know if there is any moral to the story other than to put a good bullet in the right place - but everyone knows that!

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.