My own family (both mom and dad's side) settled in the mountains of SW VA and just across the line in NW NC in the 1740's along with many other people seeking a place to live free and raise their families.

They fought, bad weather (droughts, floods, blizzards), indians (Cherokee and Shawnee), large predators (mtn. lions, bears, and wolves), crooked politicians, criminals, sickness, and a host of other hardships to carve homes out of a vast wilderness. They were a tough, persistent, independent God -Fearing bunch.

Those traits still permeate the folks that live there.

I don't think the morons in Richmond realize what a hornet's nest they are about to kick open.

The people of rural VA are not like the pablum fed, sheepish urbanites of the DC Beltway and I-95 corridor. The liberals pick a fight with the rural folks and they are gonna take a whoopin they can't even imagine.

And if the sschitt hits the fan, I'll load up the truck and go help my people all I can. No other choice as I see it.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.