Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by Raeford
[quote=steve4102][quote=Bristoe]Something else,...Appalachia is a region that transcends state lines. In fact, Appalachia is a Nation in itself,..and it can be very clannish.

As far as Virginia politics go it is purely a #'s[population] game, the Appalachian region has held off the democrats for as long as possible but the #'s finally flipped to a great enough degree that we can no longer sustain the majority.

No [bleep],I think us country folk are pulling our weight.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Sadly, that lone blue county in southwest Virginia is where I currently reside. We are staunchly red with the exception of Blacksburg and Virginia Tech which has 36K +/- students along with another 10K student University[Radford U ] on the western county border. Again, it's shear numbers where a primarily rural county is now dominated by Higher Ed and what that brings.
On a bright note Montgomery County's Board of Supervisors did vote and pass by a 4-3 vote to adopt 2nd Amendment Sanctuary status last night.

This is the way it is in every state. The entire state is red and the few large cities and surrounding suburbia are blue.