Had a nice chat yesterday with Philip Van Cleave in Mathews County, VA.

Philip is the President of VCDL... I think he is NOT paid (could be wrong on that... doesn't matter), BUT I know for a fact that the vast majority of his staff 100% volunteer... All the gun shows and many many public events.

Bottomline, VCDL has IMPECCABLE INTEGRITY and all money is magnificently spent on pro 2A stuff ONLY. No BS with VCDL... it is absolutely grass roots!

With that said, Phillip told me in a very horse voice (he has been working like a madman going from County meeting to County meeting all over Virginia)... three very noteworthy things.

1) Many Board of Supervisor Chairmen etc. have told him "NEVER NEVER have so many people EVER shown up for any matter... at any time" i.e. The BOS folks are beyond words on how big this pro-2A is becoming).

2) He is shocked at the level of support/communication that is coming in and he is overwhelmed (95 counties and 38 cities in Virginia), "But what a GREAT PROBLEM TO HAVE!!!" he said.

3) He anticipates that Lobby Day (January 20, 2020 8am to 12 noon) may have 50,000+ people.

Picture below was Lobby day 2019...

[Linked Image from pic20.picturetrail.com]

I told him, there were many people outside of Virginia that were watching this (i.e. If Virginia goes down, they all go down"). In a "nose to the grindstone"... "can't see the US forest for the Va trees" kinda way I got a sense from him of "Wow, holy smoke I didn't realize... gotta get back to work... gotta be in Stafford in 3 hours (go... go... go...)

----------------------------------------------------

My observations...

1) If you tally up all the County folks that have been showing up at all of BOS meetings... as well as the folks that will probably be at Lobby Day... I am guessing that total may well be a higher number than the number of US soldiers that went to Normandy on D-Day.

2) The crowds at the BOS meetings have been incredibly respectful and positive to all (ESPECIALLY LEOs)... i.e. Us Virginians are just like that! Not a single piece of litter is left after the crowds disperse (if Antifa massed in similar numbers it would take the sanitation folks a month of Sundays and 50 trucks to clean up their mess).

...and the crowds have also been incredibly diverse... I have seen tons of women, tons of blacks even lots of Asians, Muslims, gays, Hindus all wearing the GSL (Guns Save Lives) stickers...

-----------------------------------------------------

We Virginians did not ask for this confrontation, but if Coonman wants it...so shall it be.

Virginians are a very polite and respectful group, but By God we are not a sort to be put up by Bloomberg's puppets...

FYI... "Coonman" is a self-imposed nickname

-----------------------------------------------------

If you non-Virginia boys want to help, we would be glad for the help... but please never expect us or VCDL to send out mass mailings like the NRA et al. We just don't do that.

Last edited by CashisKing; 12/18/19. Reason: Damn typos

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.