Originally Posted by gunner500
Josh, 8 twist it will be, barrel contour would be ideal at .600 ish at 27-28 inches, may imbalance the little Edge stock a bit but that's okay, I routinely carry 16 lb bull barrel Sharps rifles in 45-110 and 50-90, I'm used to hand sliding a rifle to find a carry point ; ] Who's Shaen?

iddave, those look pretty good and bring a 25-06 or AI'd version into the mix, I do have a set of Redding 25-06 AI dies.

CRS, 10-4 on the PRC, I didn't realize it had been a factory offering, more research to do, taking into account a little more 'Smith work to get it running smooth.

one horn, I've always enjoyed the k.i.s.s. solution when available, that, and the action I have to work with is standard long, makes the 6.5-06 a strong contender still.

LOL 7mmMato, a few of us here are thinking alike.

peeshooter, I've always thought about the 6.5x47 Lapua or the 284 version for the cool factor and impossible to top [that I've worked with] Lapua brass, Thank You.

Shooter71 here....

I don’t foresee any feeding issues with the PRC case out of your action. The 284 case can cause problems with the rebated rim. Remember the Win 70 action is quite a bit shorter than a Rem 700, and that’s why guys seem to have trouble with them in the Rems. That’d be something else I’d keep in mind going forward with some of the recommendations presented.

I just cycled 10 loaded 6.5 PRC rounds through a 70 action and it didn’t give me a hiccup.

I think a 24” tube would be plenty barrel length for anything you build in that stock. I happily run mine at 18”, but it was built to run suppressed 100% of the time.

Difference of opinion here, but I wouldn’t be building a hunting rifle around one bullet. IE 131 Blackjacks...esp being made by Sierra.

Last edited by joshf303; 01/05/20.