Originally Posted by ScottyLTD
Originally Posted by gunner500
Okay Men, I have a McMil Edge stock cut for a M-70 action, also have a South Carolina Winchester M-70 action, standard bolt face, were you guys going to build a utility varmint/hunting rifle for around the farm what would it be, I'd like to keep it above 243 cal, I'm leaning hard on 6.5x284 Lapua, standard 284 Win, or maybe a 280 AI, I already have a 7mm Mashburn Super, heavy 300 Win Mags and a big 338 cal.

Rifle will be for coyotes, hogs, deer etc out to a long 700 yards here at the farm and possibly longer shooting elsewhere.

Thanks in advance.

6.5mm PRC seems to have a lot of backing these days. I would strongly consider that cartridge instead of either a wildcat or a cartridge no longer supported by major manufacturers.

Just look at the .348 Winchester. Great cartridge. Impossible to find ammo for.

Funny you should mention the 348 winchester. He has one that I sold him. A damn nice 1937 model 71 in fact. If you knew gunner, you'd also know he has a huge assortment of rifles chambered in various hard to find cartridges. I don't think that is a huge issue for him.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA